Back to Top

Wednesday 31 August 2016

Belief

“There is only one cause of unhappiness: the false beliefs you have in your head, beliefs so widespread, so commonly held, that it never occurs to you to question them.” ~ Anthony de Melloa"




"I'm not good enough; you can't change the way you are; I don't need anyone; I can't trust anyone; if I am not in control, something bad will happen; I am a victim; I am superior to others; if I am vulnerable, I will get hurt; I am bad; I am stupid; I must be perfect; I'm a loser; I am my flaws; whatever I do won't be enough; I don't deserve to be happy; when bad things happen, it is my fault; others can but I can't; I deserve to feel bad; my needs are not important; if I give in to others, I will lose my point of view; there's something wrong with me; you're stuck with your beliefs; I'm not worthy of love; I have to do everything perfectly; I shouldn't show my true feelings; I am responsible for how others feel; I must be in control; having problems means I don't have it together; success is for better people than me; I won't succeed so why bother trying; I have to do as I am told" ...and a thousand others likewise, and that's just those relevant to personal development. We learn these things in childhood and they are contagious from person to person. And often false. We need to need to remain open to revising our beliefs in order to move forward with our lives.


3 comments:

John Barley said...

Best Quote ever!! I belief in mySelf

Anonymous said...

i will have to recommend this for a friend to believe in herself

tHE aNonymous said...

thanks for this post kennedy! LOVE YOU

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...