Back to Top

Friday 5 August 2016

Nawa o! Man rapes 10-year-old girl in Lagos

The girl was heard crying by a neighbour who alerted her brother concerning the sexual assault.

A man named Chimezie Nwosu, 32, has been arraigned by the Apapa Magistrate’s Court, for allegedly raping a 10-year-old girl, who was returning from school.
Nwosu was presented before Mrs. A.O. Adegbite, the court magistrate on Wednesday, August 3, 2016, to answer the charge.
According to Punch News, the 10-year-old girl, whose name was not revealed, lived in the same compound with the accused in Satellite Town, Lagos.
The incident around 2 PM on June 8, 2016. Nwosu reportedly lured the girl to his residence under the guise of sending her on an errand.
He however used the opportunity to have forced sexual intercourse with the young girl.
Cries made by the girl soon alerted the neighbours, who then alerted her brother.
Giving an account of her encounter, the girl said, “I just stepped into the compound on the way from school that day when Mr. Chimezie (Nwosu) called me."
"He said he wanted me to help him to buy something and I entered his room."
“He shut the door and removed my clothes and slept on me. He told me to stop shouting and put his thing (manhood) in my bumbum.”
According to Francisca Job, a police prosecutor, the crime goes against Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
Nwosu reportedly pleaded not guilty to the charge, and was soon granted bail in the sum of N100,000 and two sureties in like sum.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...